- "An advanced form of Sunburst that creates an even larger pillar of flame as both blades are plunged into the earth."
An advanced version of Sunburst with more power, and a greater fire effect.
Usage and tactics
- Inflicts both physical and magic (fire) damage (primarily magic damage), around ten times that of the physical attack.
- Unlike Skull Splitter, even jumping first before using Sunflare does not increase damage output with the Eminence augment.
- Can be executed in mid-air in order to jump higher and farther than Levitate (possibly twice or more, if Instant Reset is used mid-air after the first Sunflare). For best effect use a well timed Double Vault first before using Sunflare, as demonstrated below.
- Unlike Hundred Kisses, Cutting Wind, Advanced Trigger, and Dazzle Blast, Sunflare will not inflict debilitations with Rusted, Golden, or Aneled daggers.
- Has a very high Stagger rate (it can cause Cursed Dragons or Frostwyrms to reel in pain with two or three well placed attacks).
- Can be used to land the final blow on Dragonkin hearts.
- Enemies can "grab" the Arisen out of the Sunflare animation with a "hold" attack (which requires the Arisen to wiggle the L-stick to escape).