"Madeleine seeks an idol that will facilitate commerce with an able weaponsmith. Help her, that she might repay the favor."
- Deliver the Idol to Madeleine.
Madeleine will request a prized idol as a status symbol to get better supplies for her store.
Once a vendor's inventory has been expanded to a higher stage, the vendor's expanded inventory will remain permanently available for future playthroughs (New Game Plus).
- The Gold Idol is received from an Escort Duty quest for Symone, which can be started by talking to Fournival after completing Land of Opportunity and Chasing Shadows.
- The Silver Idol is acquired as a reward for completing Put the Eye Out, which can be obtained from the Pawn Guild Notice Board.
- A Bronze Idol can be found in the lair of The Dragonforged at Hillfigure Knoll, as well as Selene's Hut in Witchwood.
- Depending on the Idol given, Madeleine will start selling equipment of varying levels. Giving Madeleine a Gold Idol will give Arisen the best upgrade to her inventory while giving her a Forgery Idol will net no upgrades to her inventory, with Silver being better than Bronze. Choose wisely.
- Players may want to consider giving the Gold Idol for the Idol Worship quest, which is an identical quest for Caxton, if they are more geared towards weaponry and heavy armor.
- Giving Madeleine a forgery of one of the idols yields negative but potentially amusing results.
- After handing over an Idol of the player's choice, it will take 2 complete game days for her inventory to update.
- If the prerequisite quest; Chasing Shadows is failed, Madeleine's shop never opens and Madeleine's quest-line is closed for the remainder of the playthrough.