Once a popular location for nobility, this castle has fallen into disuse. It remains closely guarded, however.
- "My days and nights are spent watching over the Blighted Manse. Built by the previous duke to entertain his court of visiting dignitaries, the Manse was his most prized fortress. As a guard, this job is a quiet one. We are surrounded by woodland and harsh mountains to protect from danger, and since it stays unseasonably cool during the summers, we used to play host to the vacations of the Royal Family. However, now, due to the dark times, The Manse is a shadow of its former self. I'm not sure why it requires such security without visitors, perhaps some family secrets remain inside."
The Manse consists of two main area, the castle itself, and the underground sewers leading to the rear entrance. A locked door between the two areas requires the Manse Key.
One cannot enter The Blighted Manse until commencing the quest Duchess In Distress, via the front entrance whilst disguised as a guard using the Set of Royal Guard Armor. The Manse has a back entrance, but it's sealed off until the quest is complete.
Inhabitants and lootEdit
During Duchess In Distress the Manse itself is patrolled by Soldiers, whilst the sewers are home to Bandits.
The patrolling guards are Ser Ross, Ser Tyrone, Ser Dorgann, Ser Kain, and Ser Curtis - each wears Gran Soren armour and shield and carry a broadsword. If the alarm is raised further soldiers will arrive trained in Mystic Knight skills - the soldier's are equipped with Knight's Honor and Steel Beak or a form of Ironclad Staff.
In the sewers there is plenty of gold, Balmy Incense, Argence, Silk and other useful materials here. Chests in the sewer areas contain may contain rare quality armours and weapons, including Rooted Gloom, Recluse's Robe, Raptor Cuisses, or Striker's Greaves; a number of chests may also yield a Snakeskin Purse.
Other sewer loot may included: Lady's Corset, Noblewoman's Corset, Maiden's Petticoat, Assailant's Bracers, Summery Cowl, Golden Egg, Bastard Sword, Red Over-Knee Boots, Silk Lingerie, Free-Spoken Earring, Plucked Heart, Cast Stone, and Alchemickal Hosen
Simply enter into The Blighted Manse to unlock the achievement "Into the Manse"
- The Manse is accessible at any time via the front door, if one has a Set of Royal Guard Armor - however to access the sewers a copy of the Manse Key is required.
- Upon completion of the quest Duchess In Distress the Blighted Manse remains accessible via the back entrance where Aelinore was reunited with Mirabelle
- The rear entrance will be unlocked whether or not the quest was completed or failed.
- For the third pawn knowledge star for the Manse the castle itself must be revisted. Location knowledge markers are at the front entrance hall, the little bridge where Aelinore first asks to be carried, and on the platform near a chest in a dead end (which contains the Noblewoman's Corset or Lady's Corset).
- Once the alarm is raised during the quest Duchess In Distress Mystik Knight trained guards will appear - they are the only example of such skill using non-Arisen characters encountered in Gransys. (Julien carries suitable equipment, but does not use such skills.)