Once a popular location for nobility, this castle has fallen into disuse. It remains closely guarded, however - the front entrance to the Manse is guarded by Ser Whitby, Ser Ethen, and Ser Josiah, whilst the rear entrance is locked from outside.
The Manse consists of two main areas, the castle itself, and the underground sewers leading to the rear entrance. A locked door between the two areas requires the Manse Key.
The patrolling guards are Ser Ross, Ser Tyrone, Ser Dorgann, Ser Kain, and Ser Curtis. Each wears Gran Soren armor and shield and carries a broadsword. If the alarm is raised, further soldiers trained in Mystic Knight skills will arrive - the soldiers are equipped with Knight's Honor and Steel Beak or a form of Ironclad Staff.
- Entering the Blighted Manse will unlock Into the Manse.
- The Manse keep is accessible at any time via the front door, if one has a Set of Royal Guard Armor equipped.
- To access the sewers, a copy of the Manse Key is required; however the key will not unlock the door until Duchess in Distress (presumably for in-quest continuity issues).
- After Duchess In Distress, the back entrance becomes unlocked, whether or not the quest was failed.
- To obtain the third pawn knowledge star during the quest Duchess In Distress, the reverse path needs to be taken, back towards the Manse.
- Location knowledge is obtained at each of the three bridges in the sewers area of the manse; the two weak bridges and a third small bridge that pawns may comment is "too narrow".
- Once the alarm is raised during the quest Duchess In Distress, Mystic Knight-trained guards will appear - together with Skeleton Lords they are the only example of such skill using non-Arisen characters encountered in Gransys.
- As with The Catacombs and Dripstone Cave, the correlation between underground and overground geography is very vague - whilst the Manse's rear exit is almost due south within and underground, overground it is to the northwest. Furthermore, though the Manse's main gate is entered from the west, once inside one must travel back west to go further into the Manse.
- ↑ "Time was, the duke would hold the most fantastic balls at the manse... But that was back when His Grace was...of a healthier temperament." - Maurin
"There was even a time, you know, I spent my nights at the manse, stealing kisses from a nobleman's daughter. There's a secret corridor to the place, you see. Just the thing for late-night mischief." - Maurin
- ↑ The Blighted Manse, Capcom via Youtube