Once a popular location for nobility, this castle has fallen into disuse. It remains closely guarded, however - the front entrance to the Manse is guarded by Ser Whitby, Ser Ethen, and Ser Josiah, whilst the rear entrance is locked from outside.
The Manse consists of two main area, the castle itself, and the underground sewers leading to the rear entrance. A locked door between the two areas requires the Manse Key.
The messenger Maurin may have more to say about the history of the Manse - usually when spoken to with the Duchess' quest active.
The patrolling guards are Ser Ross, Ser Tyrone, Ser Dorgann, Ser Kain, and Ser Curtis. Each wears Gran Soren armor and shield and carries a broadsword. If the alarm is raised further soldiers will arrive trained in Mystic Knight skills - the soldiers are equipped with Knight's Honor and Steel Beak or a form of Ironclad Staff.
In the sewers there is plenty of gold, and fabrics including Argence, and Silk are fairly common. The mushroom Droughtshroom is unique here. Ore deposits are nearly absent, with only two mining spots throughout.
Simply enter into The Blighted Manse to unlock the achievement "Into the Manse"
- The Manse keep is accessible at any time via the front door, if one has a Set of Royal Guard Armor.
- To access the sewers a copy of the Manse Key is required; however the key will not unlock the door until Duchess in Distress (presumably for in-quest continuity issues)
- After Duchess In Distress the back entrance becomes unlocked, whether or not the quest was failed.
- To obtain the third pawn knowledge star during the quest "Duchess in Distress" the reverse path needs to be taken, back towards the Manse.
- Location knowledge is obtained at each of the three bridges in the sewers area of the manse; the two weak bridges and a third small bridge that pawns may comment is "too narrow".
- Once the alarm is raised during the quest Duchess In Distress Mystic Knight-trained guards will appear - together with Skeleton Lords they are the only example of such skill using non-Arisen characters encountered in Gransys.
- As with The Catacombs and Dripstone Cave the correlation between underground and overground geography is very vague -whilst the Manse's rear exit is almost due south within and underground, overground it is to the northwest. Furthermore though the Manse's main gate is entered from the west, once inside one must travel back west to go further into the Manse.