Once a popular location for nobility, this castle has fallen into disuse. It remains closely guarded, however - the front entrance to the Manse is guarded by Ser Whitby, Ser Ethen, and Ser Josiah, whilst the rear entrance is locked from outside.
The Manse consists of two main area, the castle itself, and the underground sewers leading to the rear entrance. A locked door between the two areas requires the Manse Key.
The messenger Maurin may have more to say about the history of the Manse - usually when spoken to with the Duchess' quest active.
Inhabitants and lootEdit
During Duchess In Distress the Manse itself is patrolled by Soldiers, whilst the sewers are home to Bandits.
The patrolling guards are Ser Ross, Ser Tyrone, Ser Dorgann, Ser Kain, and Ser Curtis. Each wears Gran Soren armour and shield and carries a broadsword. If the alarm is raised further soldiers will arrive trained in Mystic Knight skills - the soldiers are equipped with Knight's Honor and Steel Beak or a form of Ironclad Staff.
In the sewers there is plenty of gold, Balmy Incense, Argence, Silk and other useful materials. Chests in the sewer areas contain may contain rare quality armours and weapons, including Rooted Gloom, Recluse's Robe, Raptor Cuisses, or Striker's Greaves; several chests may also yield a Snakeskin Purse.
Other sewer loot may included: Lady's Corset, Noblewoman's Corset, Maiden's Petticoat, Assailant's Bracers, Summery Cowl, Golden Egg, Bastard Sword, Red Over-Knee Boots, Silk Lingerie, Free-Spoken Earring, Plucked Heart, Cast Stone, and Alchemickal Hosen
Simply enter into The Blighted Manse to unlock the achievement "Into the Manse"
- The Manse keep is accessible at any time via the front door, if one has a Set of Royal Guard Armor.
- To access the sewers a copy of the Manse Key is required; however the key will not unlock the door until Duchess in Distress (presumably for in-quest continuity issues)
- Upon completion of the quest Duchess In Distress the Blighted Manse remains accessible via the back entrance where Aelinore was reunited with Mirabelle
- The rear entrance will be unlocked whether or not the quest was completed or failed.
- To obtain the third pawn knowledge star during the quest "Duchess in Distress" the reverse path needs to be taken, back towards the Manse.
- Location knowledge is obtained at each of the three bridges in the sewers area of the manse; the two weak bridges and a third small bridge that pawns may comment is "too narrow".
- Once the alarm is raised during the quest Duchess In Distress Mystic Knight-trained guards will appear - they are the only example of such skill using non-Arisen characters encountered in Gransys. (Julien carries suitable equipment, but does not use Mystic Knight skills.)