- "Tis written that this tower was built long, long ago, at a lord's behest. No accounts remain of why, however. None know what purpose it served. Some say it was to ward against the wyrm; others, an altar to the old gods." - Pawn
The Bluemoon Tower is located in a distant eastern part of Gransys, far north of the capital. It is visible from most eastern coastal areas.
In order to reach the Bluemoon Tower from Gran Soren, travel north along Conquest Road beyond the Windbluff Tower, passing east of Hillfigure Knoll. Take the right of two choices at a fork in the road (the other leads to the Blighted Manse).
Pass through Windworn Valley, where a heavy wind will impede the Arisen's progress. Here a second left fork leads north to a Travelers' Rest encampment, whilst the route to the tower is along the rightmost fork. Then traverse the Pastona Cavern and Smugglers' Pass to reach the tower.
- Normally, if anything can be considered 'normal' for this place, the inhabitants are : Snow Harpy, Skeleton, Skeleton Mage, and Undead Warrior
- During the quest Griffin's Bane a Griffin takes up roost in the upper areas of the tower.
- After the Griffin's Bane quest, a pair of Ogres and Specters will be found in rooms in the upper area, below the summit.
- During the The Wyrmking's Ring quest all other enemies are banished, probably frightened off by the presence of Salomet the arch-sorcerer, plus twenty six of his bandit allies.
- During Post-Game a Special Lesser Dragon, of the Wyvern variety can be found on the summit.
Random items found scattered around the tower including Light-Cure, Interventive, Dose of Courage, Panacea, and various Coin Pouches. There is a Ore deposit on a lower walkway below the outer ruins which yields rare ores including Fuligin Ore - care should be taken when using indirect mining methods as ore released here has a tendency to drop into the water below.
- Seeker's Token (x 4)
- Bladeleaf (7) - The Bluemoon tower is the only location where these can be found.
- Bespoke Longbow, Chimeric Sabatons, Silver Ring or Serenity Extract - in the first chest entering the tower on the left.
- Peppermint Seed , Iron Bandings, Master's Merle - in the chest up the stairs from the entrance of the tower.
- Silver Chestplate, Trooper Outfit - in a chest below the walkway towards the eastern tower.
- Fluted Bow, Hunter's Bow, Assailant's Bracers, Gryphic Gauntlets - in the left chest in the eastern tower (across the broken walkway).
- Anchor to Heaven, Crescending Roar - in the right chest in the eastern tower (across the broken walkway).
- Sectional Iron Plate, Chimeric Half Plate, Jewel of Health - in a chest across from the top of the central area stairway.
- Morgenstern, Divine Axis, Fiery Talon - in the chest north of the central area chest.
- Grand Surcoat, Gryphic Gauntlets, Jewel of Endurance - in a chest below the southernmost stairs.
- Twilight Hood, Plated Coat - in a chest in the western tower.
- Violet Ring, Vouge Daggers, Gryphic Helm - in a chest up the stairs south of the western tower.
- Assassin's Breeches, Gryphic Greaves, Griffin Strategy Vol. 2 - in the chest below the southern great stairway.
- Red Leather Armor, Rex Lion Padding, Golem Strategy Vol. 2 - in the chest below the northern great stairway.
- Gryphic Cloak, Harpy Cloak - in a chest on the right side of the northern great stairway.
- Master's Merle - in a chest directly in front of/next to the barred door of the northern great stairway.
- Fluted Bow - in a chest in the southern corner in the open area at the bottom of the southern great stairway (guarded by an Ogre and a Specter).
- Chimera Strategy Vol. 2, Nimble Earring, or Iris Ring - in a high quality chest that is located on the top of the walls of the base level of the tower. It is North along the top of the wall along from where Badge of Vows 97 is found. Difficult to reach - for ways to reach the chest see Chimera Strategy Vol. 2 § Walkthrough.
Upper tower platform
- Portcrystal - found at the top of the tower in the centre of the two chests.
- Gryphic Armor - in the left chest at the top of the tower.
- Assassin's Mask, Lion-Lord's Helm - in the right chest at the top of the tower.
- Twisted Leathers - gathered from north armor pile at the top of the tower.
- Ferrystone - Can be found at the top tower, on the right side of the ruined ledge overlooking the sea
- Various Coin Pouches totalling 46,100 Gold
- Bladeleaf (3)
- On first visiting the tower consider bringing three Skeleton Keys to open the Smugglers' Pass treasure chests, which are located on the route to the tower.
- It is a long walk to the Bluemoon Tower. The Travelers' Rest encampment under the Blighted Manse is nearby approximately halfway along the route, and may be useful.
- The upper arcades of the tower summit (where Harpies roost) is accessible, via a jump from a flying creature such as a Griffin. (may glitch).
- It is possible to reach the top of the tower early. Facing the main structure from the tower base, take a harpy to the top of the ruined wall closest to the building. Grab the harpy once again and immediately direct it towards the tower. With a bit of luck and practice, the tower is reachable. The enemies that would normally spawn after the defeat of the griffin will appear as the Arisen nears the tower.
- There are three large man-made structures in Gransys, of obvious non-military use, of which the origins are unknown or uncertain. The other two are The Watergod's Altar, and the Catacombs, which, according to pawns, were built for the water and earth gods respectively. It is possible that the Bluemoon Tower is the third, and it would have been likely to have been built in honour of the air or sky god. The symbolism is obvious: the Bluemoon Tower is decorated with statues of winged beasts, and has an elevated position making access to clear skies easy for those with the ability of flight.