|The Peddler's Petition|
The Peddler's Petition is the name of multiple escort quests, each gives a base reward of 5000 gold and 3000 experience points, plus a gift.
Every escort quest grants a chance to boost a person's affinity by escorting them safely to their destination. Death of the escort means failure (unless revived with a wakestone - only one chance to complete the quest is offered.
- Reynard - Golden Talisman x 10
- Alon - Cleric's Draught x 10
- Mathias - Bottled Haste x 10
- Jayce - Eyedropper x 10
- Lena - Silverwheat Paste x10
- Brice - Serenity Extract x5
Such quests will disappear from the Notice Board some days after their insertion.
- For routes and advice see Escort Quest Walkthroughs.
- Reynard's escort request is extremely hazardous for him, and usually encountered early on in the game when the Arisen is relatively unskilled. Reynard makes the quest even more difficult by his idiotic actions - when threatened by large enemies such as a Cyclops he will constantly run from the Arisen and towards the monster, putting himself in grave danger.
- Together with the quest Lost and Found this quest is one which commonly puts new players out of their depth, and facing improbable odds to complete. Reynard is easily killed and the quest is likely to be encountered before any wakestones have been collected. The quest usually appears at a stage where the Arisen would have difficulty making the journey without additional responsibility.
- The quest can be completed relatively easily at a low level. Key tactics are either : Run, Carry Reynard away from battle when he gets into danger, or, take a circuitous route avoiding direct battle. Group healing potions (such as Balmy Incense or Spring Water) can be used to quickly heal the party and Reynard.