The bandits, led by Maul, each have names derived from weapons. They are Anelace, Basilard, Caravel, Claymore, Culverin, Falchion, Glaive, Hammer, Lance, Mace, Mercygiver, Pike, Ranseur, Sling and Voulge.
- Salomet's Grimoire may be found in a chest at the highest point of the castle. Alternatively, Maul may gift the item if the quest A Troublesome Tome is active, and his affinity is raised to maximum. Under certain conditions, such as when attacked the bandits will hide the chest.
- Wakestone Shard atop the remnants of the western lookout tower facing the sea.
- Chainmail Bracers, Weak Guard or Hunter's Jacket in a chest atop the right lookout tower when viewed from the northern bridgeway main entrance (guarded by Sling, a male barbarian).
- Ferrystone located on the tip of a boat at the anchorage behind the castle. Normally a bandit is fishing there.
- Wyrmward Perfume in a chest next to some boxes after the first flight of stairs going to the tower.
- Additionally various items of bandit wear may be found, as well as a considerable quantity of Cloudwine.
- Red Leather Armor, Bandit's Glove, Rose Ring, Ring of Gules. Small room with boxes and bandit.
- Chest in a large square room on the western side of the tower/castle. The room contains a table and stools.
- Incognito Mask (8/10, 80%).
- Large Coin Pouch (2/10, 20%).
- The bandit's at the fort are initially hostile, but will allow the Arisen entry once news of his or her fame reaches them.
- The bandits at Aernst Castle are much like their counterparts, the female bandits at The Ruins of Heavenspeak Fort, and will not attack the Arisen unless provoked.
- When provoked they will tell you to "Bogger off." or "Piss off." or "I'll bleed you dry.".
- Bandits that are killed will drop Shackles and Large Coin pouches.