Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A fortress nestled between two cliffs that guards passage between them. It is the main focus in the quest; A Fortress Besieged, and may not be entered until the quest is started. The fort is reached from Devilfire Grove and grants access to the Frontier Caverns.
The Fort is entered through gates from the south from Gransys, and is divided by a second fortified wall and gates into two areas. A northern exit is accessed by a gatehouse built into the northernmost wall. From southern to northern entrances the fort runs approximately northwest.
The southern area is mostly empty, containing a few fallen trees, Armor Piles and other miscellaneous detritus. A rough tunnel has been dug, giving an alternative access to the northern area - this is the starting point of the quest, A Fortress Besieged.
The northern area, has, from the entrance - two equally tall towers on either side of the entrance which abut the side rock walls and entrances. The western tower holds the Shadow Fort Lever mechanism, whilst the eastern tower houses a ballista.
The open area in the middle field of the northern area contains several climbable lookout towers, and to the west a storehouse, and prison; Station Room.
Numerous goblin built tunnels run under the open area, with entrances in the northern part of the inner field, as well as adjacent south of, and within the storehouse-prison. Only characters under 150cm in height can enter these tunnels.
The northernmost side of the fort has another fortified wall, with a gate to the region beyond, protected by a gatehouse-keep. There is also a another small storeroom, with an initially barricaded door, which can be entered from above, or through the goblin's tunnels.
The keep is built on three levels, with an entrance at the bottom level. The first level contains an open parapet with two ballistae, and a gate to the region beyond. The upper level contains a single large main room; "Commandant's Antechamber".
Near the entrance to the keep is a tunnel leading to the Frontier Caverns.
Pawn Travel KnowledgeEdit
- One of the travel markers is on the first floor open platform with ballistae in the northern gatehouse.
- Traveling through the goblin tunnels underneath the main area will gain another travel knowledge star. This means the Arisen will need to be 150cm or shorter to get inside these tunnels.
On completions of "A fortress besieged" the area will be patrolled by Soldiers, and will be free of monsters.
The soldier's retaking the fort are led by Ser Robert - the seven men he leads are Ser Ewart, Ser Belus, Ser Zamir, Ser Abell, Ser Lenn, Ser Alden, and Ser Alisander. After the fort is retaken the men patrol it.
- A Fortress Besieged.
- The destination of several escort quests. For a route and guidance, see Escort Quest Walkthroughs.
- There is a Portcrystal in one of the cells in the Station Room (Dark Arisen only).
- There is a Liquid Vim on the first table you see after entering the Station Room, and another on the main room on the top floor of the keep.
- A chest on the roof of the stairwell of the southeastern structure in the northern area contains a Cyclops Veil.
- A chest on a ledge in the northwestern most corner of the fortress. often contains a Lupine Veil.
- A chest near the northern gatehouse entrance may yield Chimera Strategy Vol. 1.
- A chest on scaffolding adjacent to the wall of the northern gatehouse may yield a Cockatrice Strategy Vol. 2.
- A chest on upper area of the western tower adjacent to the middle gate, in the northern area may yield a Griffin Strategy Vol. 1.
- A chest in goblin tunnels - Barreled Helm, Bandit Stalkers or Bone Armor.