- "The more monsters I hunt here, the more uneasy I become. Beneath deepening feelings of despair and resignation, a strange sense of anticipation simmers. Could this be the pull of some presence here? I can but follow the whims of my restive heart, as it bids me wander this place in search of foes. I urge you to chart the selfsame course."
Defeat five Elder Ogres.
While travelling through Bitterblack Isle, Elder Ogres may appear randomly in certain areas.
Once five Elder Ogres are defeated, the quest will complete.
- Refer to the page on Elder Ogres for tactics relating to the defeat of, and places and methods of finding such creatures.
- They may randomly appear in the Ward of Regret, Gutter of Misery, Fortress of Remembrance, Forsaken Cathedral, Rotwood Depository, The Bloodless Stockade.
- Rancid Bait Meat is effective in luring Elder Ogres and other creatures - The Bloodless Stockade is considered a likely place to find them when this item has been used as a lure.
- They may also be found, along with numerous other beasts, in the Rotunda of Dread if a Fiend-luring Incense is carried.
- Because only three quests may be undertaken from this notice board at any given time, it will be necessary to complete six of the other nine previously offered quests (Dousing the Blight, A Guiding Light, Slumbering Promise, Visions of the End I, Eyes of the Deep, Visions of the End II, The Wages of Death I and Visions of the End III) in order to obtain this quest.