- This article is about a quest; for the ring itself, see Wyrmking's Ring.
A thief made off with the duke's magick ring, a treasure of the realm. It must be reclaimed.
Royal Orders Quest
You are informed by Aldous that Edmun Dragonsbane's ring has been stolen. Your task is to find out who stole it and to get the ring back.
WalkthroughEditThis quest is obtained by speaking with Aldous in the Duke's Demesne and selecting the "Recover stolen item" questline.
Learn More of the ThiefEdit
In order to find the thief, speak with some of the people in the castle. This is done in the following order:
- Speak with Pering. He can usually be found strolling around.
- Speak with Ser Gyles in the storehouse
- Speak to Ambrose. Usually found close to the Duke
- Speak with Aldous after all inquiries are complete.
Inquire About SalometEdit
Salomet is the alleged culprit, but his current whereabouts are unknown. Aldous suggests speaking with more Gran Soren citizens outside the castle.
Once the fight is over, Salomet will escape.
Renew Your Inquiry Into SalometEdit
Travel to the Bluemoon tower and battle the Bandits opposing the way to the top of the tower,
At the summit, the final battle with Salomet ensues. Salomet's offensive capabilities include Ingle, Comestion, Seism, Miasma, and summoning Skeleton Warriors and Skeleton Lords, he also has a teleportation skill which allows him to escape attacks. Melee vocations may expect to be hampered by Salomet's teleportation when the Arisen closes the distance. Be persistent, as his teleportation around the battlefield will eventually cease. Ranged Vocations will have an easier battle, as Salomet may be shot from afar.
Ferry Back the RingEdit
Salomet battle tacticsEdit
- Salomet teleports to three different locations at the tower's summit.
- A. Near the southeastern staircase.
- B. Near the opposite staircase entrance.
- C. Near the treasure chest and Gold pouches.
- These teleports may be in a predictable pattern. Generally, Salomet's pattern will be A-C-B or B-C-A-B-A-C, but may differ.
- Mystic Knight's Sky Dance or Sky Rapture and Fighter's Blink Strike or Burst Strike are ideal for dealing with Salomet.
- Before completing both The Wyrmking's Ring and Pride Before a Fall, be aware that doing so will automatically begin the quest Bad Business. The Bad Business quest will render Madeleine's shop inaccessible until Post-Game.
- The boss battle with Salomet may be more easily won if the Arisen is a ranged vocation (Strider, Ranger, or Assassin).
- The Wyrmking's Ring is a useful item for spellcasters, and can be forged, allowing the quest to be completed whilst retaining the benefits of the ring.
- Slaying the Griffin early in Griffin's Bane (before it can escape to the Bluemoon Tower) does not close off the top of the Bluemoon Tower permanently. The barred "jail" door on the left at the tower of the tower stairs will automatically open for the Wyrmking's Ring quest.
- If already in possession of a Wyrmking's Ring (or a Wyrmking's Ring Forgery) from a previous playthrough, the Arisen may gift it to Aldous at the beginning of the quest without confronting Salomet - return of the ring completes the quest.
- The enquiries with the townspeople on the location of Salomet may be skipped if the Arisen already knows where to go to find Salomet.
- In the PC version of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Mellard can be spoken to before speaking to everyone in the Duke's Demesne. In the PC version, the pervious bug from PS3 and Xbox seems to have been fixed and the quest log now updates as intended.
- ps3xbox360Mellard can be spoken to before speaking to everyone in the Duke's Demesne. Despite him telling the Arisen where Salomet has run off to, it is still necessary to talk to everyone in order for the quest to update. The quest log will state that players must inquire about Salomet however the quest marker will never update.
- To bypass this bug, go to the Ancient Quarry and the quest will continue normally.