|The Wyrmking's Ring|
40 Rift Crystals
Royal Orders Quest
A thief made off with the duke's magick ring, a treasure of the realm. It must be reclaimed.
Royal Orders Quest
Start the quest by speaking with Aldous and selecting "Recover stolen item". You are informed by Aldous that Duke Edmun's ring has been stolen. Your task is to find out who stole it and to get the ring back.
Learn More of the Thief
- Speak with castle residents to discover what you may of the thief.
Inquire About Salomet
- Speak with the locals to learn of Salomet , a prime suspect in the robbery.
Report Salomet's Escape
- You've need of further information in your pursuit of Salomet . Travel back to Aldous to report on your progress.
Renew Your Inquiry Into Salomet
- Speak with the local residents to learn where Salomet may have fled.
Ferry Back the Ring
- You returned the magick ring to Aldous . Quest reward received.
Before undertaking this quest, consider the following :
- After successfully obtaining the Wyrmking's Ring from Salomet, it is highly recommended that the player forge a duplicate to give to Aldous while keeping the original. The benefits of doing so will be discussed at the end of this walkthrough.
- Before completing BOTH The Wyrmking's Ring and Pride Before a Fall, be aware that doing so will automatically begin the quests Honor and Treachery and flags the start of Bad Business. The Bad Business quest will render Madeleine's shop inaccessible until Post-Game, so be sure to acquire any desired items from her BEFORE completing The Wyrmking's Ring and Pride Before a Fall.
- The boss battle with Salomet may be more easily won if the Arisen is a ranged vocation (Strider, Ranger, or Assassin).
- If already in possession of a ring (or a forgery) from a previous playthrough, the Arisen may bring it to Aldous to immediately complete the quest.
- SPOILER : The conversations will the townspeople may be skipped if the Arisen already knows where to go to find Salomet (the Ancient Quarry and the Bluemoon Tower).
Learn More of the ThiefEdit
In order to find the thief, speak with some of the people in the castle. This is done in the following order:
- Speak with Pering. He can usually be found strolling around.
- Speak with Ser Gyles in the storehouse
- speak to Ambrose. Usually found close to the Duke
- Speak with Aldous after all inquiries are complete.
Inquire About SalometEdit
Salomet is the alleged culprit, but his current whereabouts are unknown. Aldous suggests speaking with more Gran Soren citizens outside the castle.
Once the fight is over, Salomet will escape.
Report Salomet's EscapeEdit
Renew Your Inquiry Into SalometEdit
If a Portcrystal was previously placed at the Bluemoon Tower after the Griffin's Bane quest, use a Ferrystone to teleport there. If not, sleep at the inn before walking northwest from Gran Soren, through the Windworn Valley and Pastona Cavern to the Bluemoon Tower.
Upon entering the tower, the party will immediately be assailed by seven Bandits at the main gate (four Striders, two Warriors, and one Fighter).
Past the first treasure chest on the left and three Crows, ascend the first staircase to the second floor. The second floor is occupied by six more Bandits (one Strider, one Warrior, one Fighter, two Rangers, and one Magick Archer). Beware the enemy Ranger's Great Gamble shot, which can propel a character into the water below. Avoid falling off the steps by walking cautiously and not running.
On the thrid floor, the Arisen may through one of two doors. On the right is a solid metal door the Arisen initially entered to battle the Griffin (assuming the Griffin escaped to the Bluemoon Tower in the earlier quest Griffin's Bane). This solid metal door will lead to Salomet with zero Bandit opposition.
The door on the left is a "jail" type metal door which is accessible if the Arisen destroyed the wooden plank blocking the door on the other side during an earlier visit to the tower. This path (the left door) is more treacherous, with eight Bandits guarding the ascending staircase leading to Salomet. This eight Bandit cohort is comprised of one Strider, one Fighter, one Sorcerer, and five deadly Rangers who will pelt the party with Tenfold Flurry arrows during their ascent. If possible, snipe them from afar with Lyncean Sight (Assassin skill) or Comet Shot (Ranger skill) before they have the chance to attack.
Before reaching the top of the staircase, save the game.
At the summit, the final battle with Salomet ensues. Salomet's offensive capabilities include Ingle, Comestion, Seism, Miasma, and summoning Skeleton Warriors and Skeleton Lords. Melee vocations may expect to be hampered by Salomet's teleportation when the Arisen closes the distance. Be persistent, as his teleportation around the battlefield will eventually cease. Ranged Vocations will have an easier battle, as Salomet may be shot from afar.
Ferry Back the RingEdit
With the ring recovered, travel back to Gran Soren, but DO NOT HAND OVER THE RING YET.
KEEP THE ORIGINAL Wyrmking's Ring, and hand Aldous a forgery ! The Wyrmking's Ring has the unique ability to hasten the charge times for all magick skills (for Mages, Sorcerers, Magick Archers, and Mystic Knights) by 15%.
The Wyrmking's Ring Forgery has no special properties, but it can be submitted to complete the quest successfully, with all the experience points and Gold rewards.
- Salomet is weak against Thunder enchanted weapons and spells, so a good idea would be to get a Mage/Sorcerer with Thunder Affinity and have them cast it on a ranged weapon as Salomet teleports away.
- Salomet teleports to three different locations at the tower's summit.
- 1. Near the staircase originally entered during the Griffin's Bane quest.
- 2. Near the opposite staircase.
- 3. Near the treasure chest and Gold pouches.
- These teleports are usually in a predictable pattern. Generally, Salomet's pattern will warp to 1-3-2 (based on the order above) or 2-3-1-2-1-3. This is not concrete, but seems to be the general consensus.
- Focus on defeating the summoned Undead Warriors and Skeleton Warriors first. If left unheeded, they can overwhelm the party with sheer numbers. High level players can instead focus on Salomet directly while leaving pawns to deal with the summoned monsters.
- Magick Archers : Ricochet Seeker/Ricochet Hunter is a Thunder based skill effective against his summoned Skeletons.
- Mystic Knights : Sky Dance/Rapture and Blink/Burst Strike are ideal for dealing with Salomet. Sky Rapture is preferred, as players can jump and use it at the right moment to score a blow to the head. Take caution as players can still be hit and thrown back by Comestion.
- Handing over a Wyrmking's Ring Forgery to complete the quest (highly recommended), will consequently forfeit access to the Paladin's Mantle from the Treasury room. However, the Paladin's Mantle can still be stolen after nightfall.
- To get into the Treasury room without getting caught, sleep at the inn until Nightfall, then run to the Duke's Demesne. Exactly 2 minutes after Nightfall, wait for the guard (Ser Elthar) in front of the room to walk outside the southern entrance. While his back is turned, run into the castle and into the Treasury room. There will be a one minute window before a guard arrives. Once the Paladin's Mantle is obtained, use a Ferrystone to escape or run for the Duke's Demesne exit.
- Plant a Portcrystal at the Bluemoon Tower entrance. Post-Dragon, there will be a Wyvern at the tower's summit.
- Slaying the Griffin early in Griffin's Bane (before it can escape to the Bluemoon Tower) will NOT close off the top of the Bluemoon Tower permanently. Proceed to the top of the stairs where the two doors leading to the summit are located. The barred "jail" door on the left will be automatically open for The Wyrmking's Ring quest.
- ps3xbox360Mellard can be spoken to before speaking to everyone in the Duke's Demesne. Despite him telling the Arisen where Salomet has run off to, it is still necessary to talk to everyone in order for the quest to update. The quest log will state that players must inquire about Salomet however the quest marker will never update.
- To bypass this bug, go to the Ancient Quarry and the quest will continue normally.