- Chain lightning arcs from a target hit with a thunder based attack to other nearby objects and creatures. Living things are likely to be knocked down, and breakable objects may be destroyed.
Thundershock is a debilitation associated with the Thunder element - it takes the form of chain lightning between foes. Once Thundershock is triggered any struck by the discharge will likely be knocked down or staggered.
- Use rapid attacks with a lightning weapon on one target in a group to trigger the Thundershock effect - once triggered the entire group should be electrocuted. Magick Bolts/Focused Bolts, or fast attacks with Sword or Daggers are good choices.
- Effective on groups of small flying creatures.
- Skills with invincibility frames such as Dragon's Maw and Full Moon Slash evade Thundershock.
- Chain lightning can travel just a few meters, so thunder attacks on relatively isolated foes will not chain to distant foes.
- A target resistant to thundershock will still have lightning chain to it from another creature or ally so debilitated by thunder.
- Smaller creatures such as goblin are knocked down, whilst more robust entities will just be staggered.
- The chain lightning will arc to environmental objects as well, such as Bird Nests and Boxes - destroying them.
- The Violet Ring is said to prevent Thundershock - its exact effect is not certain - it does not prevent knockdown, but is likely to either prevent chaining from or chaining to the wearer.
- Like other debilitations, smaller creatures show much lower resistances, with Spiders being consistently thundershocked on a first strike.
- As a debilitation, Thundershock is cumulative, and if struck enough times with a lightning enchanted attack most creatures will eventually be thundershocked.
- Knockdown resistance helps prevent the knockdown resulting from being struck with Thundershock.
- It seems resistance is increased for all foes in Hard Mode (approximately twice as many strikes to shock).(verify)
- The unused item Twingle Eel Treacle can be found in the game files - it was meant to cure Thundershock; its item description reads:
- "A euphemism for the mucus of the twinge eel, a rare worm from a foreign land. Apply it to alleviate Thundershock".
- (unimplemented item)