Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"The merchant Fournival stands accused. Prove his guilt or innocence afore time run out."
Royal Order Quest.
The Arisen has four days to complete the quest, which is more than sufficient provided the player does not become distracted with other quests. Petitions must be gathered and a witness procured for the trial. Depending on the outcome of some of the player's previous quests, some of the evidence might be harder to acquire.
Once evidence or witnesses have been found they should be taken to Aldous who will then accept their testimony.
Quest updates will be received at 2 days remaining and 1 day (Near Deadline) remaining.
- Evidence showing guilt
Finding Fournival guilty requires little effort; he will generally be found guilty if no evidence is provided.
- If Jasper and his family were evicted during the quest Land of Opportunity then he, and his wife and son will provide the missives: Jasper's Condemnation, Sara's Condemnation, and Pip's Condemnation.
- The Gift Ledger, found in Fournival Manor, also suggests guilt.
- If the quest An Innocent Man was completed, Ansell will offer himself as a witness. Ansell can be found in Cassardis and will need to be escorted back to Aldous.
- As a last resort, the player may buy several falsified affidavits from Reynard with a starting price of 3,000 gold (Dirty Affidavit). Further dubious documents may be purchased for 5,000g (Moldy Affidavit), 7,000g (Worn Affidavit) and 9,000g (Ripped Affidavit).
- Evidence showing innocence
Proving Fournival innocent requires the Arisen to supply sufficient exculpatory evidence. At least three statements must be acquired claiming his innocence to obtain an acquittal.
- Speak to Ser Daerio at Windbluff Tower for a favorable reference for Fournival - he will direct Ser Castor to give testimony at the trial. Castor must then be escorted to Gran Soren as a defense witness.
- Three people will give Fournival character references: the priest Geffrey in Gran Soren Cathedral will issue Geffrey's Petition; his daughter Symone will provide Symone's Petition (if Escort Duty was completed); Fedel will provide Fedel's Petition.
- Additionally, the Chamberlain's Affidavit from Fournival Manor provides evidence of work done by Fournival for the good of Gransys.
- As a last resort, the player may buy several falsified affidavits from Reynard with a starting price of 3,000 gold (Tattered Affidavit). Further dubious documents may be purchased for 5,000g (Blurred Affidavit), 7,000g (Sweat-Stained Affidavit) and 9,000g (Soiled Affidavit).
The probable verdict can be inferred from pawn commentary after turning in a piece of evidence. On leaving the castle, a pawn with knowledge of this quest will comment (if all pawns in the party are familiar with the trial, then the Main Pawn will speak). The more evidence given for each outcome increases the chances of the corresponding verdict. Generally, three documents and the corresponding witness as to either guilt or innocence will cinch the result of the trial; the result is less certain if the Arisen turns in documents or testimony suggesting either outcome.
Once time for gathering evidence is up, go to Fountain Square for a cutscene where the verdict is revealed.
Afterwards report back to Aldous, and speak with him for the reward.
Fournival is proven guiltyEdit
Fournival is executed and his daughter Symone moves to the slums. Symone can be rescued from her plight by buying back Fournival Manor for her to live in, which costs 100,000 Gold.
The player will lose the ability to purchase unlimited quantities of useful Tools and Curatives, and unique items such as Maker's Finger, Pilgrim's Charm, the Magnanimous Cloak, as well as cheap Ferrystones.
Fournival is proven innocentEdit
If Fournival is proven innocent his affinity with the Arisen will increase, and he will set lower prices on the items he sells.
On being proven innocent Fournival makes available the Magnanimous Cloak for sale.
A favorable outcome also enables access to Escort Duty if not yet competed.
- A verdict is decided even if no evidence is provided. It is usually a guilty verdict.
- It is thought that the verdict is random, but it is dependant on the amount of evidence given; the pawns' comments on exiting the castle after offering proof give some insight into the likely verdict, but they do not guarantee such a verdict will occur.
- If Jasper's family was not evicted then they may not offer evidence.
- Aldous's comments at the end of the quest make it plain he expected a guilty verdict.
- While this quest is active, Fournival is held under house arrest, preventing any trade with him.
- Speaking with Fedel while the quest The Conspirators is marked as the active quest will prevent Fedel from handing over his Petition. To circumvent this, mark Trial and Tribulations as the active quest.
- Speaking with Ser Daerio while the quest Supply and Demands is marked as the active quest will prevent Ser Daerio from assigning a soldier as a witness. To circumvent this, mark Trial and Tribulations as the active quest.
- The opposite can happen as well, speaking with Ser Daerio while Trial and Tribulations is marked as the active quest will prevent him from giving the quest Supply and Demands. To circumvent this, mark any quest other than Trial and Tribulations as the active quest.
- It is possible to submit evidence after the deadline for evidence has passed ;Aldous will continue to accept evidence indefinitely until the verdict cutscene is triggered at the fountain square. Avoid the square to continue giving evidence after the deadline as such evidence will still be valid.
- If innocence is to be proved it is a good idea to combine this quest with Supply and Demands as they have the same destination of Windbluff Tower.
- If either the Gift Ledger, or Chamberlain's Affidavit is to be given as evidence it is advised to duplicate these at The Black Cat as they are quest items that satisfy completion of Trail of Corruption and Thanks Mislaid.
- The name of this quest is possibly a reference to Capcom's third Ace Attorney game : "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations".
|The End at the Beginning · Harbinger of Destruction · Newly Arisen · Upon a Pawn|
Call of the Arisen · A Rude Awakening · Off With Its Head ·A Matter of Myrmidons
Lure of the Abyss · The Cypher · A Fortress Besieged · Seeking Salvation · The Watergod's Altar
Come to Court · Griffin's Bane · Trial and Tribulations · Pride Before a Fall · The Wyrmking's Ring
Honor and Treachery · Reward and Responsibility · Deny Salvation · The Final Battle
|A Warm Welcome · Fathom Deep · Final Judgement · The Great Hereafter|