"An advanced form of Funnel Trail that persists for a longer period of time and boasts an expanded range to draw in even more nearby lightweight foes."
- An advanced version of Funnel Trail.
- It can be launched at an enemy, although the enemy that the magick bolt is lodged in will not suffer the effect of the attack, instead other enemies will be pulled towards that point.
- The pull of Vortex Trail is very strong and can even pull Golems into its radius.
- Vortex Trail is an outstanding source of crowd control and can be useful to fire ahead of you, anchored into the floor, in order to pull monsters around corners. It can also anchor flying enemies that dive into its radius.
- Multiplies the effect of area damaging abilities by drawing enemies into a tight radius. Can be especially useful when pulling enemies into Shadowshackle rendering them helpless or in aiming Grand Scension since it has a moderately long cast time and sluggish travel speed.
- Using Vortex Trail in conjunction with Explosive Rivet and Biting Wind proves useful in almost every situation. After you pull in the enemies together with Vortex Trail, quickly fire in as much Explosive Rivets as you can at the clustered targets (but usually one is sufficient) and follow with Biting Wind to set off the massive explosion that deals a huge amount of damage. This combo works well as you can eliminate the need to chase after stray enemies and by using Biting Wind, you can set off more, if not all, of the lodged Explosive Rivets on the enemies as the move allows you to slash through all the targets in one go. You can clear an ambush VERY QUICKLY using this combo.
- Because enemies that this attack is lodged into do not suffer the effects of its pull, they can still move and attack. By lodging it into a large enemy such as a Golem or Cyclops, it is possible to have that enemy dispatch of smaller foes.
- Save time against larger foes by shooting the arrow into the side of a cliff and send foes to their peril from great heights.