Wakestone Shard is an item available in Dragon's Dogma.
- "A fragment ensorceled with arcane magick. Gather three together if you would restore the dead to life."
- "Details unknown."
Wakestone Shards are fractions of the life restoring items known as Wakestones - gather three Wakestone Shards in your inventory and they will naturally form into a Wakestone.
Shards may be found at a few isolated locations in Gransys, and then may appear in limited quantities in the shops of merchants and travelling salespeople. They are also dropped by creatures in the post-Dragon Everfall later on in the story, more if carrying all three Draconic Tears.
Duplication at the Black Cat will yield a non-functional Wakestone Shard Forgery.
Several wakestone shards are found in isolated locations around Gransys - the shards will be renewed at their location if the made wakestone is used.
- On the river running between Gran Soren and the Deos Hills, near its outfall onto the sea - there's a shipwreck and large rock in the middle of the water, the shard is on top of the rock.
- In Smugglers' Pass near Bluemoon Tower, underground in the second chamber beyond the locked cell in the northeastern corner. (requires a Skeleton Key to be opened.)
- At the end of a short gully branching off the main path between the Windworn Valley, and the beginning of Pastona Cavern.
- The chest scar on the Arisen like figure on the hill at Hillfigure Knoll.
- Near a tree on the island at Miasmic Haunt.
- One can be found at the Ruins of Aernst Castle; atop the western lookout tower ruins facing the sea.
- One Wakestone Shard is located in the Verda Woodlands, at the end of the small canyon leading down to the Caverns of Delusion
- There may be a wakestone near a gravestone at The Abbey.
Shards are also sold by:
- Fournival in Gran Soren for 15,000 Gold.
- Montebank at The Black Cat in Gran Soren for 30,000 Gold.
- Jayce in Devilfire Grove.
Further shards may be found in new locations in New Game Plus :
- One on the at the end of south side ledge in the ravine leading to the Man Swallowing Falls and The Watergod's Altar
- Resting in a skeleton's hand in an open cave area on the third floor of Duskmoon Tower. It is next to a level 3 chest.
- In Duskmoon Tower, head left of Barroch's location and climb to the very top ledge. Go past the two weapon/armor piles and at the very end of the ledge is a wakestone shard.
- Occasionally found in broken boxes.
- Though shards found in Gransys do not usually renew unless used, after the defeat of the Dragon, in Post-Game they appear to re-appear even if unused.
2 Star Enhancement