Favoring brute force over subtlety, Warriors charge into combat head on. Equipped with massive two-handed weapons, Warriors fearlessly take on all foes, crushing enemies with incredible power and soaking up damage on the front lines so their ranged party members can punish enemies from afar.
Primary Offensive stat: Strength
Armor: generally Very Heavy Armor Sets with heavily reinforced underclothes or chain mail. Some animal skin derived armors of lesser weight are also suitable for warriors.
Strengths and Role
Frontline Juggernaut: Warriors are a force to be reckoned with on the frontlines of any battle and are capable of dealing out massive damage to enemies. They also have some of the strongest Strength weapons at their disposal.
Excellent Stagger potential: The Warriors' hard hits can easily make enemies falter and interrupt charging attacks and spells. It also allows them to easily make larger enemies release Pawns they've grabbed a hold of (like when Dragonkin try to use their Possession attack).
Impressive Reach and Crowd Control: With their huge two-handed weapons, Warriors are capable of dealing devastating damage to multiple enemies with a single strike, allowing them to easily cut down large groups.
Staunch Defense: No other class takes enemy punishment like the Warrior. With their heavy armor, Warriors are able to stand up to all but the most deadly attacks without being knocked down. Many of their skills also have super-armor frames.
Highest HP Growth: Warriors have the highest HP growth of all vocations in the game, up to level 100, meaning they have plenty of HP to take a beating and keep on fighting.
- Note Mystic Knight and Fighter both have theoretically higher overall HP growth, due to their HP growth post-100 being 15 HP per level while the warrior's growth falls to only 5 HP per level. Both would theoretically lag behind in HP until first the Fighter and then eventually the Mystic Knight overtook the warrior, at levels 128 and 191, respectively.
Utility: Warriors can use their sword to launch allies skyward, like the Fighter skill. They can draw enemies near using their Warcry skill which makes tanking a possibility. They may also use their weapons in mining as a substitute for a pickaxe, although the ores will drop to the floor rather than straight in your inventory.
High Knockdown and Stagger Resistance: Warriors are highly resilient to wing buffets, explosive barrels and some attacks knockdown while attacking. This is a double edge sword as it means that a Warrior can continuously suffer damage while another character would have been thrown out of harm's range. This resistance becomes even higher with the Audacity augment equipped once it's unlocked.
Best Normal Attacks: Warriors have normal attacks that hit multiple times in a wide swinging radius. Their jumping attacks are similarly very effective.
Magical Vulnerability: The warrior lacks magic defenses, leaving them open to high damage spells.
Skill Inflexibility: Warriors have some really good skills, but are limited to only 3 of them. Players must carefully decide which skills suit their style the best.
Slothful: They tend to have a slower movement speed because of the weight of their equipment. Their offensive skills are executed slowly and need a bit of timing as well as aiming sometimes.
Being Left Open: The Warrior utilizes skills that have very narrow fields of attack, often directly in front of him. Oftentimes, a Warrior will find themselves slamming their weapon into nothing but dirt, then waiting to recover from the powerful swing.
Few Defensive Skills: While the Warrior can draw in enemies like the Fighter, they lack the ability to block attacks as a tank; they rely on high HP, Armor and Exodus Slash to soak up damage instead.
No double jump or levitation: The warrior's weak jumping ability makes reaching some ledges, treasure chests, and obstacles very frustrating. It also makes climbing opponents a harder task.
No ranged attacks: Some critically important targets, such as the Ur-Dragon's wing tip "hearts", are utterly unreachable for the Warrior and Fighter classes. In addition, floating enemies like Wights and the Dark Bishop cannot be attacked until they conveniently float down to ground level.
Limited range of motion: Dragonkin hearts located on the chest and back can be frustrating for Warriors to strike. Flying enemies also pose a problem for the Warrior.
Total: 78,800 DP
Skills in bold are unique to the Warrior.
|Savage Lash||Already learned||-||Channels the user’s strength into a devastating hit that grows in power with the amount of time spent preparing.|
|Pommel Strike||1||200||Lunges in while driving the hilt of the blade into the target. Though limited in range it easily stuns foes.|
|Upward Strike||1||300||Stabs foes then fiercely slashes upward. Can send foes flying high into the air.|
|Escape Slash||2||650||Steps backward in a swift evasive maneuver while delivering a slashing blow.|
|Ladder Blade||2||650||Offers the flat of the blade to allies as a platform to propel them aloft.|
|Indomitable Lash||3||900||An advances form of Savage Lash able to withstand enemy attacks whole charging to even higher levels of power.|
|Savage Lunge||3||900||Charges forward with the blade extended, knocking down any caught in its path.|
|Pommel Bash||4||1,500||An advances form of Pommel Strike. Drives the blade's hilt into the target. Though limited in range, it is capable of causing even powerful enemies to reel.|
|Spark Slash||4||1,500||Spins the blade in a swift circle, slashing at foes all around the user.|
|Whirlwind Slash||4||1,500||An advanced form of Upward Strike. Stabs then slashes upward with greater force, sending foes even higher into the air.|
|Act of Atonement||5||2,000||Damage taken while not defending is stored, lending power to a devastating counterattack. The power of the counterstrike will increase based on the damage taken.|
|Battle Cry||5||2,000||Pierces the air with a roar that draws nearby enemies' attention.|
|Catapult Blade||5||2,000||An advanced form of Ladder Blade that offers the flat of the blade to allies to fling them to greater heights.|
|Exodus Slash||5||2,000||An advanced form of Escape Slash that delivers a quick evasive slash. Renders the user invulnerable for longer and allows for extra attack blow.|
|Arc of Might||6||2,800||Channels a vast amount of strength into the ultimate blow. Requires the protection of one's allies whilst preparing.|
|Corona Slash||6||2,800||An advanced form of Spark Slash that carves throught foes in a broader radius around the user.|
|Indomitable Lunge||6||2,800||An advanced form of Savage Lunge that charges with increased range, undeterred by enemy attack.|
|Act of Vengeance||7||3,400||An advanced form of Act of Atonement. The blade is held at the ready, leaving the user vulnerable but damage is channeled into an even greater counter.|
|War Cry||7||3,400||An advanced form of Battle Cry that gives a roar that carries further, drawing the ire of more distant enemies.|
|Arc of Deliverance||8||6,000||An advanced form of Arc of Might that channels all one's power into an even stronger blow.|
|Calamitous Lash||Requires Warrior's Ring/Band||-||An advanced form of Indomitable Lash that can be charged an additional level to unleash even more destructive power.|
|Calamitous Lunge||Requires Warrior's Ring/Band||-||An advanced form of Indomitable Lunge that moves even more quickly, and increases the distance traveled.|
|Ecliptic Slash||Requires Warrior's Ring/Band||-||An advanced form of Corona Slash that further widens the radius of the blade's spin.|
|Arc of Obliteration||Requires Warrior's Ring/Band||-||An advanced form of Arc of Deliverance that unleashes an even mightier blow and allows faster movement while channeling.|
|Hack||Already learned||-||Consecutive Slashes with the sword. [Light attack] repeatedly.|
|Transfix||Already learned||-||A stabbing strike straight forward. [Heavy Attack]|
|Vault||Already learned||-||Executes a jump to a higher location. Press [Jump].|
|Devastate||1||800||An advanced form of Hack that extends a chain of one-handed sword slashes across a broader range.|
|Eviscerate||1||600||An advances form of Transfix that withdraws the blade with a sweep after stabbing the target.|
|Controlled Fall||2||900||Tucks the body into a tight roll when falling, mitigating harm. After being knocked down, press [Jump] as you hit the ground.|
|Bastion||1||900||Increases Defense by 50.|
|Ferocity||3||1,300||Increases the damage of your Core Skills by 10%.|
|Audacity||7||4,500||Makes it harder to knock you off your feet while charging an attack - reduces knockback and stagger accumulation by 15%.|
|Temerity||7||4,500||Halves the damage taken while charging an attack.|
|Impact||8||8,000||Increases your ability to knockdown enemies with attacks.|
|Clout||9||10,000||Increases Strength by 20%.|
|Proficiency||9||10,000||Reduces the Stamina consumed when you perform a physical weapon skill by 25%.|
For information on how augments impact stats and how stacking of multiple augments work see the Stats page.
|HP||Stamina||Attack||Defense||Magick Attack||Magick Defense|
Note: The official strategy guide incorrectly list the HP growth for Warrior Lvl.100+ as 15 HP; but in reality it is 5 HP 15 stamina per level at level 100+. This may be a glitch but as of July 17, 2012 this as been the stat growth of Warrior Post-Lvl.100
- The Warrior's skill Corona Slash is an excellent crowd control tool. Just stand in the middle of a group and spam it for good results.
- The Augment Proficiency is a very good skill for any class with melee attack skills to conserve stamina.
- The Warrior's fastest attack is the jumping light attack. Use this to swat quick enemies and knock flying ones out of the sky. It also has the added benefit of knocking enemies to the floor, which can be followed up with a jumping heavy or combo attack for good damage. Works extremely well with the Eminence augment.
- Arc of Deliverance is one of the strongest one-hit moves in the game and can nearly fell a Cyclops in one hit. However it is extremely slow to charge and hard to place the shot as it only hits in a small area directly in front. Most attacks and strong winds won't cancel the attack while charging. One can also move very slowly when the attack is charging for better positioning.
- Exodus Slash has many special properties. The first attack comes out very quickly, steps back and has invincible frames to avoid attacks. The second causes a lot of stagger, and pops light enemies off the ground. The third hit is slow, but multi-hits and launches the enemy. The first and second moves can be 'jump-cancelled' for better positioning and to avoid the high-lag time in the third hit - try jumping after the second hit pops an enemy into the air and then landing a mid-air light or heavy attack on an enemy.
- The Warrior vocation can take advantage of stun-lock : Warrior weapons have high knockdown and stagger stats, as do many of its attacks like Pommel Bash and the second hit of Exodus Slash. Combine this with one or two Barbed Nails accessories and the Impact Augment, and bosses can be kept in near perpetual stun-lock. Knock them down, then prepare Arc of Deliverance while they're reeling, hitting them just as they stand up, knocking them down again. Drakes may be slain early in the game this way.
- The Warrior lacks a shield and the ability to block, but this can be overcome to some extent by using the Act of Vengeance skill combined with the Audacity and Temerity augments.
- Indomitable Lunge can be used on fallen large enemies, ensuring every attack hits - this can be used on large monsters that don't stay stunned long enough to charge up an Arc of Deliverance, such as Chimera and Cockatrice. Two lunges can be used to rival the damage of one Arc.
- The Warrior's heavy jump attack strikes three times, sometimes even more on larger enemies, making it extremely powerful against foes that have been immobilized in some way, as well as keeping them knocked down.
- Warrior attacks are powerful enough to have similar effects to that of an Explosive Barrel :
- It is possible to obtain a very powerful Warrior weapon early in the game - the Gryphic Victory longsword. This is a reward for the Ser Berne's escort quest "A Parting Tribute" which is available after entering Gran Soren for the first time.
- There are four Bitterblack Weapon Lv.1 warrior weapons that are substantially more powerful than the Gryphic Victory and can be obtained before "A Parting Tribute" even becomes available. The four weapons are: Long Swords: Saving Grace and Wounded Heart - Warhammers: Cyclops Sigil and Bloody Thistle.
- The Warrior, like the Fighter, suffers from a lack of mobility enhancing core skills. However, Warriors can offset this to a limited extent with the jumping light attack, which adds some height and forward momentum to jumps. However, be aware that one cannot grab ledges after executing a jumping light attack.