Favoring brute force over subtlety, Warriors charge into combat head on. Equipped with massive two-handed weapons, Warriors fearlessly take on all foes, crushing enemies with incredible power and soaking up damage on the front lines so their ranged party members can punish enemies from afar.
Primary Offensive stat: Strength
Strengths and RoleEdit
Frontline Juggernaut: Warriors are a force to be reckoned with on the frontlines of any battle and are capable of dealing out massive damage to enemies. They also have some of the strongest Strength weapons at their disposal.
Impressive Reach: With their huge two-handed weapons, Warriors are capable of dealing devastating damage to multiple enemies with a single strike.
Staunch Defense: No other class takes enemy punishment like the Warrior. With their heavy armor, Warriors are able to stand up to all but the most deadly attacks without being knocked down. Many of their skills also have super-armor frames.
Highest HP Growth: Warriors have the highest HP growth of all vocations in the game, meaning they have plenty of HP to take a beating and keep on trucking.
Utility: Warriors can use their sword to launch allies skyward, like the Fighter skill. They can draw enemies near using their Warcry skill which makes tanking a possibility. They may also use their weapons in mining as a substitute for a pickaxe, although the ores will drop to the floor rather than straight in your inventory.
High Knockdown and Stagger Resistance: Warriors are highly resilient to wing buffets, explosive barrels and some attacks knockdown while attacking. This is a double edge sword as it means that a Warrior can continuously suffer damage while another character would have been thrown out of harm's range.
Best Normal Attacks: Warriors have normal attacks that hit multiple times in a wide swinging radius. Their jumping attacks are similarly very effective.
Magical Vulnerability: The warrior lacks magic defenses, leaving them open to high damage spells.
Skill Inflexibility: Warriors have some really good skills, but are limited to only 3 of them. Players must carefully decide which skills suit their style the best.
Slothful: They tend to have a slower movement speed because of the weight of their equipments. Their offensive skills are executed slowly and need a bit of timing as well as aiming sometimes.
Being Left Open: The Warrior utilizes skills that have very narrow fields of attack, often directly in front of him. Oftentimes, a Warrior will find themselves slamming their weapon into nothing but dirt, then waiting to recover from the powerful swing.
Few Defensive Skills: While the Warrior can draw in enemies like the Fighter, they lack the ability to block attacks as a tank, they rely on high HP, Armor and Exodus Slash to soak up damage instead.
No double jump or levitation: The warrior's weak jumping ability makes reaching some ledges, treasure chests, and obstacles very frustrating.
No ranged attacks: Some critically important targets, such as the Ur-Dragon's wing tip "hearts", are utterly unreachable for the Warrior and Fighter classes. In addiction, floating enemies like Wights and the Dark Bishop cannot be attacked until they conveniently float down to ground level.
Limited range of motion: Dragonkin hearts located on the chest and back can be frustrating for Warriors to strike. Flying enemies also pose a problem for the Warrior.
Total: 78,800 DP
|Savage Lash||Already Learned||-||Channels the user’s strength into a devastating hit that grows in power with the amount of time spent preparing.|
|Pommel Strike||1||200||Lunges in while driving the hilt of the blade into the target. Though limited in range it easily stuns foes.|
|Upward Strike||1||300||Stabs foes then fiercely slashes upward. Can send foes flying high into the air.|
|Escape Slash||2||650||Steps backward in a swift evasive maneuver while delivering a slashing blow.|
|Ladder Blade||2||650||Offers the flat of the blade to allies as a platform to propel them aloft.|
|Indomitable Lash||3||900||An advances form of Savage Lash able to withstand enemy attacks whole charging to even higher levels of power.|
|Savage Lunge||3||900||Charges forward with the blade extended, knocking down any caught in its path.|
|Pommel Bash||4||1,500||An advances form of Pommel Strike capable of causing even powerful enemies to reel.|
|Spark Slash||4||1,500||Spins the blade in a swift circle, slashing at foes all around the user.|
|Whirlwind Slash||4||1,500||An advanced form of Upward Strike gifted with greater force, sending foes higher into the air.|
|Act of Atonement||5||2,000||Damage taken while not defending is stored, lending power to a devastating counterattack. The power of the counterstrike will increase based on the damage taken.|
|Battle Cry||5||2,000||Pierces the air with a roar that draws nearby enemies' attention.|
|Catapult Blade||5||2,000||An advanced form of Ladder Blade.|
|Exodus Slash||5||2,000||An advanced form of Escape Slash. Can be followed up with additional strikes after the initial slash.|
|Arc of Might||6||2,800||Channels a vast amount of strength into the ultimate blow. Requires the protection of one's allies whilst preparing.|
|Corona Slash||6||2,800||An advanced form of Spark Slash that broadens the range of the warriors strike.|
|Indomitable Lunge||6||2,800||An advanced form of Savage Lunge.|
|Act of Vengeance||7||3,400||An advanced form of Act of Atonement.|
|War Cry||7||3,400||An advanced form of Battle Cry.|
|Arc of Deliverance||8||6,000||An advanced form of Arc of Might. (At higher levels, this ability can one-shot boss-level monsters)|
|Hack||Already Learned||-||Consecutive Slashes with the sword. [Light attack] repeatedly.|
|Transfix||Already Learned||-||A stabbing strike straight forward. [Heavy Attack]|
|Vault||Already Learned||-||Executes a jump to a higher location. Press [Jump].|
|Devastate||1||800||An advanced form of Hack that extends a chain of one-handed sword slashes across a broader range.|
|Eviscerate||1||600||An advances form of Transfix that withdraws the blade with a sweep after stabbing the target.|
|Controlled Fall||2||900||Tucks the body into a tight roll when falling, mitigating harm. After being knocked down, press [Jump] as you hit the ground.|
|Bastion||1||900||Increases Defense by 50.|
|Ferocity||3||1,300||Increases the damage of your Core Skills by 10%.|
|Audacity||7||4,500||Makes it harder to knock you off your feet while charging an attack - reduces knockback and stagger accumulation by 15%.|
|Temerity||7||4,500||Halves the damage taken while charging an attack.|
|Impact||8||8,000||Increases your ability to knockdown enemies with attacks.|
|Clout||9||10,000||Increases Strength by 20%.|
|Proficiency||9||10,000||Reduces the Stamina consumed when you perform a physical weapon skill by 25%.|
For information on how augments impact stats and how stacking of multiple augments work see the Stats page.
|HP||Stamina||Attack||Defense||Magick Attack||Magick Defense|
Note: The official strategy guide incorrectly list the HP growth for Warrior Lvl.100+ as 15 HP; but in reality it is 5 HP 15 stamina per level at level 100+. This may be a glitch but as of July 17, 2012 this as been the stat growth of Warrior Post-Lvl.100
- The Warrior's skill Corona Slash is an excellent crowd control tool. Just stand in the middle of a group and spam it for good results.
- The Augment Proficiency is a very good skill for any class with melee attack skills to conserve stamina. It doesn't affect Bows unfortunately.
- The Warrior's fastest attack is the jumping light attack. Use this to swat quick enemies and knock flying ones out of the sky. It also has the added benefit of knocking enemies to the floor, which you can follow up with a jumping heavy or combo attack for good damage. Works extremely well with the Eminence augment.
- Arc of Deliverance is one of the strongest one-hit moves in the game and can nearly fell a Cyclops in one hit. However it is extremely slow to charge and hard to place the shot as it only hits in a small area directly in front of you. It also has some super-armor frames and light attacks and strong winds won't knock you out of the charge. You can also move very slowly while in it so you can position yourself better.
- Hit mining spots with warrior's attacks for faster mining and you don't have to bring a pickaxe. Some magic spells work too.
- It is possible to obtain a very powerful Warrior weapon early in the game - the Gryphic Victory. This is a reward for the escort quest "A Parting Tribute" which is available when you first enter Gran Soren. It is difficult to complete, because there are many high level enemies between Gran Soren and the Shadow Fort (such as a drake and a chimera), and the player's character may still be low level. However, one option is to clear the Ancient Quarry before trying the quest to avoid these enemies.
- Wearing lighter equipment, such as clothing, and Heavy Chest Armor will in fact help slate the decreased mobility to some extent.
- Exodus Slash has a lot of special properties. The first attack comes out very quickly, steps back and has invincible frames to avoid attacks. The second causes a lot of stagger, and pops light enemies off the ground. The third hit is slow, but multi-hits and launches the enemy. The first and second moves can be 'jump-cancelled' for better positioning and to avoid the high-lag time in the third hit - try jumping after the second hit pops an enemy into the air and then landing a mid-air light or heavy attack on an enemy.
- The Warrior is in a good position to take advantage of stun-lock - its weapons have high knockdown and stagger stats, as do many of its attacks like Pommel Bash and the second hit of Exodus Slash. Combine this with Barbed Nails accessory and the Impact Augment, and you can keep bosses in near perpetual stun-lock. Knock them down, then prepare Arc of Deliverance while they're reeling, hitting them just as they stand up, knocking them down again. You can take down Drakes early game this way.
- The Warrior lacks a shield and the ability to block, but you can overcome this to some extent by using the Act of Vengeance skill combined with the Audacity and Temerity augments.
- Indomitable Lunge can be used on fallen large enemies, ensuring every attack hits - this can be used on large monsters that don't stay grounded long enough to charge up an Arc of Deliverance, such as Chimera and Cockatrice. Two lunges can be used to rival the damage of one Arc.
- The Warrior's heavy jump attack hits THREE times, sometimes even more on larger enemies, making it extremely powerful against foes that have been immobilized in some way, as well as keeping them knocked down.
- The Warrior, like the Fighter, suffers from a lack of mobility enhancing core skills (such and the double vault and levitate abilities). However, Warriors can offset this slightly with the jumping light attack, which adds some height and forward momentum to jumps. While not equivalent to a double jump, it can aid in exploration. It should be noted that this is only useful for gaining a bit of height or distance, as you cannot grasp a ledge after attacking.
- Warriors are capable of attacking Ore Veins instead of using a Pickaxe for Mining. (Note: The ores will not go directly to the player's inventory and will have to be picked up from the ground.)