Character Weight is a concept in Dragon's Dogma.
The amount a character weighs not only determines the appearance of a character but also affects its stats. The weight of a character has a significant effect on its encumbrance, climbing speed, and stamina usage and regeneration.
Lighter characters will prove to be quick and energetic while larger characters can hold more items without losing performance and will find it easier to lift and throw items, and grapple enemies and other characters. Medium weight characters will strike a healthy balance between all these categories.
Character weight is affected by a number of factors, the main ones being Character Height, character build, and musculature.
|Under 50 KGs||SS||140%||110%||Very Quick||Very Small||40 KG|
|50 - 69 KGs||S||130%||105%||Quick||Small||50 KG|
|70 - 89 KGs||M||100%||100%||Moderate||Moderate||65 KG|
|90 - 109 KGs||L||85%||95%||Slow||High||75 KG|
|Over 109 KGs||LL||75%||90%||Very Slow||Very High||100 KG|
|Percentages are relative to Medium weight|
In addition to a character's weight's influence on stamina use (when running) and regeneration, weight, or more specifically the weight class is the major factor in carrying capacity and henceforth in encumbrance - encumbrance further affects stamina use and mobility, with high encumbrances having only negative effects.
- Able to activate pressure plates faster.
- Hitbox is likely to be bigger; smaller classes have a correspondingly smaller hitbox.
- Able to grapple and immobilize targets better.
- Harpies can't fly off with a heavier class clinging to its legs, or fly more slowly
- Able to move with less effort through Windworn Valley
- The Leg-Strength skill (reduce encumbrance level by one) is more effective for heavy characters because for them the difference in mass between encumbrance levels is greater.
- Likely to have a smaller hitbox.
- Movement when hanging onto a harpy is quicker
- The Sinew skill is a proportionately larger percentage increase to lighter characters because of their lower default carrying capacity.
- Different body parts also can change the character's height and weight.
- The heaviest and lightest builds are not the tallest or shortest, though the difference is small.
- Walking and jogging speed is affected by leg length, and so by Character Height. Both are affected by encumbrance.
- Initial stamina is slightly modified by character weight: 20 stamina is gained for each weight class above medium, and 20 stamina is lost for each weight class below.