- "A desolate place where the Undead are known to prowl at night. It is home to The Abbey, where Sisters of The Faith ensconce themselves in quiet contemplation. Quite why they chose such a remote and dangerous location is unknown. Of course, it may be that in times past the forest was a far safer place".
The Wilted Forest is a small forested region to the west of Gran Soren. As the name suggests, the trees here appear to be dead or dying, and are devoid of leaves.
The forest is home to Deer, Spiders, and Crows during the day - on the southeastern part a band of Bandits have made their camp, and set up tripwires - at the southern edge, close to the north entrance to The Ancient Quarry is a pack of Goblins and a Chimera.
Species native to the forest are: Anathema Grass, scattered throughout the wood, found at the eastern edges of the wood; Loneflowers, common around the Abbey, and found in a circle south of it; Toadstool Sitter, a tiny mushroom that grows throughout the area; and Spiny Nut, found in gather spots, such as near the Prayer Falls.
A number of Cursed Carvings can be in the environs of Abbey and wood.
- Note : chest loot lists are incomplete
For chests north of the forest path, near the river, see Deos Hills
|6||Bottled Haste, Coin Pouch|
|7||Conqueror's Periapt, Demon's Periapt|
|9||Large Coin Pouch|
|12||Dragon’s Spit, Coin Pouch|
|13||Common Archistaff, Mahogany Cape, Crimson Glare, Cleansing Earring, Bronze Gauntlets|
- Journey to the Rotting Wood (collect 3 Cursed Carvings)
- The Abbey (qv) is the starting place of a number of quests.
- The Prayer Falls are the destination for several Escort Quests.
Other quests require the slaying of creatures within the Wilted Forest :