"In my grandfather's day, there was a potionmaker in the woods -- a witch, to put it plain. Bring her herbs, and she'd make an ale like no other. Talk is, a descendant of hers is still there, deep in the wood. I'd dearly love another taste of that ale."
Selene has three locations where she may be found depending on the game's current storyline :
- After the quest Lure of the Abyss she will be in the flowerbed in front of her house in the Witchwood or inside her house depending on the time of day.
- During the quest Witch Hunt she will be in the second area of the Witchwood.
- After the quest Witch Hunt (and after you leave the Witchwood) she will be in Your House in Cassardis.
This quest may be completed at any time in the above examples. Speaking with Selene with a Gransys Herb in active inventory will automatically offer the option to give it to her to which she will respond: "Herbs? Ah. For brewing Ale." She will produce an Herb Ale from the Gransys Herb (only one at a time). Bring the Herb Ale to Arsmith in his Alehouse in Gran Soren to complete the quest.
- Selene will only produce the Herb Ale if the party does not yet have it in the party's current inventory.
- It is advised not to place the Herb Ale in the inventory of pawns. If they are trained to use Curatives regularly they may consume it before returning to Gran Soren.