Wolves are hostile fauna found commonly in Gransys. Individually they are a minor danger, but in packs they can easily waylay any unwary traveller. Direwolves are a fiercer white subspecies found in colder northerly parts.
| Base Experience of 50
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Sources: Dragon's Dogma - ドラゴンズドグマ ＆ Dark Arisen (www10.atwiki.jp), the 'Dragon's Dogma Signature Series Guide' and in-game testing.|
- The wolfen alpha is twice as large, with increased attack and defense.
When an interloper is spotted in their territory, wolves will howl to alert their pack members. Wolf hunting behaviour includes much dashing, circling and harassing.
|Leap Attack||Phys||Pounces its target.|
|Bite||Phys||Very rarely may inflict debilitations including Silence|
|Grab and Bite||Phys||Bites a character's leg and holds them in place, mauling them continuously until freed by wiggling the L-stick. If the victim was knocked down multiple Wolves can join in on this attack, dealing severe damage.|
- Wolves are slightly weak to Fire, and have a slight resistance to Ice, but show no great resistance to any magick.
- Setting them on fire will cause them to roll on the ground, giving the party time to reignite or grab them, or finish them off.
- A Wolf inflicted with Torpor is much easier to run down and attack.
- Fast strikes that cover distance are effective against Wolves - these include the swordsman's Burst Strike, and the daggerist's Cutting Wind.
- Using the Shield/Magick Shield to block or Perfect Block them as they lunge is extremely effective, especially if the Arisen has either Deflect or Reflect in their Core Skills.
- A variety of skills and tactics can be used to cope with the Wolf's fast and erratic movement:
- Drenching with water is ineffective in the long term as they shake the water off - Wolves react in the same way to tarring. However both actions interrupt the Wolf's actions whilst wet.
- Wolves can be carried, grappled and thrown.
- Wolf eyes glow in the dark - bow and longbow users can exploit this at night by turning off their lanterns - aim at the red dots for an efficient head-shot kill.
Pawn Bestiary Knowledge
- Weak to Fire.
- Wolf Strategy Vol. 1 - Perfect Block their lunge (long range jump attack) with a shield or magick shield.
- Wolf Strategy Vol. 2 - Dousing the Wolf with water will cause it to shake the water off and dry itself.
- During night, one Wolf will spawn in the little stream just inside Witchwood. Witnessing this wet Wolf is sufficient to trigger this knowledge.
- Wolf Strategy Vol. 3 - Inflicting Torpor will make them easier to hit and grants knowledge.
- Silence a Wolf.
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 500 Wolves either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
More information can be found on the Bestiary page.
- "Wolves hunt in packs!"
- "Wolf pack!"
- "Certainly its pack draws near."
- "They're nimble. Watch your back."
- "They're open after a blocked lunge!"
- "Wolves fall quickly to flames!"
- "Watch their bahavior, then take careful aim!"
- "Don't allow them to surround you!"
- "It flees..."