"What will you be? Man? Dragon? Or aught else?"
Wyrms are powerful magical casters, possessing an array of deadly magical attacks, the means of flight, and the ability to breathe Ice to freeze their foes solid. All lesser dragonkin can seize control over the will of Pawns to turn them against the Arisen. The Wyrm's glowing red stomach indicates where its heart resides, which serves as an exploitable weakness.
The Wyrm is one of three species of Dragonkin, along with Drake and Wyvern. Wyrms share many characteristics in common with their cousin species - however the Wyrm cannot or rarely flies, and in addition is a powerful spellcaster, able to repeatedly and rapidly incant strong spells such as bolide. Whilst the drake is strong with fire, and the wyvern strong to lightning, whe wyrm is strong in the ice element - as a result it is vulnerable to fire based spells and magics, and weapons.
Defeating a Wyrm has a minor chance of dragon forging the player's equipment as long as that equipment has at least one level of enhancement.
Information and StatsEdit
|Type||Dragon / Boss|
Base Exp of 24,000
Can be more or less depending on a few factors such as:
|Health||Attack||Defense||Magick Attack||Magick Defense||Weight|
|Ice Breath||Mag||A massive stream of ice is let loose from its mouth. Can cause Frozen. The Wyrm can use this move while moving forward or backing away from its target(s).|
|Dive||Phys||A powerful lunge from the air.|
|Charge||Phys||Charges at a target on the ground to trample it.|
|Grab (Arisen)||Phys||The Arisen is grabbed and then smashed into the ground.|
|Grab (Pawn)||Spec/Status||A Pawn is grabbed, but instead of being smashed into the ground, the Wyrm seizes control of its actions. Causes Possession, which turns the Pawn against the Arisen.|
|Stomp Attack||Phys||A powerful attack with its feet.|
|Sweeping Backhand||Phys||A backhanded slap with either of its front claws.|
|Tail Sweep||Phys||A powerful spinning attack with its tail, knocks down any struck by it.|
|Wing Flap Attack||Phys||Powerful wing flaps that create strong wings preventing the player's party from approaching. The player can counteract this by equipping the stability augment or equipping armor with the bonus enhancement "Prevents wind from affecting mobility." While this negates the buffeting effect of the wind, the dragon's wing flaps will then be able to deliver physical blows.|
|Roar||Spec/Status||A roar that kills all pawns within range, staggers the Arisen and can cause Skill Stifling.|
|High Frigor||Mag||Creates three spires of ice which can throw its targets into the air and freeze them.|
|High Levin||Mag/Status||A series of lightning bolts are created which can cause Thundershock.|
|High Bolide||Mag||10 meteors are summoned to indiscriminately lay waste to the battlefield.|
(This will be indicated vocally by the Wyrm)
|Lassitude||Mag/Status||An area of effect sigil is created, inflicting Torpor on those who remain within it.|
|Exequy||Mag||A field of death is cast, killing anyone who stands within its area of effect upon the spell's completion.|
|Anodyne||Mag/Spec||The Wyrm is still for a moment, then restores 1.75 bars of its health.|
|Dropped Item||Regular Drop (%)||Wyrm Horns Destroyed (%)||Wyrm Wing Destroyed (%)|
|Azure Dragon Scale||32%||-||5%|
|Great Dragon Alula||-||-||80%|
- Killing the Wyrm gives a percentage chance of dragon forging equipment depending upon enhancement level of the equipped gear.
- The horns can still be broken off when the Wyrm is dead, but there is a short time window to do so.
- After a reload or retry, the Dragon's Horns regenerate. This effectively means that after a save and reload, more horns can be broken off allowing for multiple Dragon Horn drops in one fight.
- Having all three dragon tears in the player's inventory guarantees that the Drake will drop a Wakestone (Post-Game only), and remarkably improves the chances of receiving the above drops.
- The Wyrm's Tear item drop rate increases substantially in the Post-Game.
- The Wyrm's heart is located in its stomach area, directly under the middle of the beast.
- All vocations : attack the heart.
- The heart is a weak point - so skills such as Great Gamble are effective.
- The heart must be struck by the Arisen for the finishing blow.
- Weak against Fire enchanted weapons and spells - with damage increased several times over.
- Even verwriting a weapon with a temporary Fire enchantment will make a permanent enchantment damage stronger by either the use of a more effective enchantment or a more powerful buff of the same element.
- Vulnerable to Silence. A silence Wyrms has the majority of its attacks nulified.
- Vulnerable to Torpor.
- Striking the heart or head hard enough can interrupt/stagger the Wyrm and disrupt its spellcasting.
- The Wyrm is stationary while casting spells, enabling the party to easily hit its weak spots.
- The Wyrm is more resilient to magic attacks compared to other Dragonkin, so while magic is still functional, hybrid classes may benefit from using physical attacks, and switching melee weapons to pure physical types (or fire enchanted) is also recommened.
- A stationary casting Wyrm is vulnerable tom and will likely be staggered by a Mystic Knight's Ruinous Sigil
- A spellcaster's : High Comestion is effective against the low lying, fire vulnerable heart.
- Prepare for and beware the Dragon Roar
- Using Magic Defense boosters are recommended if your Arisen or pawns have low Magick Defense.
- Either silence the wyrm, or concentrate on interrupting it's magick spells - attacks (and weapons) with high stagger are best.
- The Stability augment is very helpful against all dragonkin. It renders the Arisen impervious to wind attacks , and the Arisen can cast spells and charge skills without being interrupted. The benefits of this augment is also given by Dark Arisen equipment bearing a stability bonus.
- Wind attacks from dragonkin wings can be blocked or Perfect Blocked with a shield or magick shield.
- One Sobering Wine clears all status effects from the party and provides an additional 90 seconds of debilitation immunity.
- A bow using pawn with the Scather inclination and high or full bestiary knowledge of this enemy is more likely to climb the Dragon and shred the Drake's heart.
- A pawn without full bestiary knowledge of this enemy will tend to target one of four critical targets on the Wyrm (the two horns, the wings, and the heart). To ensure that a Great Gamble equipped pawn targets the heart, the Arisen should focus on destroying the two horns and wings early in the battle.
- Mage pawns equipped with a Legion's Might staff will auto-revive after a Dragon Roar or conventional deaths.
- A higher level support pawn can annihilate the entire party if they become possessed. Prepare in advance for possession resistance, either with equipment or potions.
- Pawns with 100% resistance to possession be unaffected by the grab attack. They free themselves at the end of the grab animation; the futile attempt at possession gives a strategic opening for the rest of the party - such as preparing long cast time spells or charged skills.
- Weak to Fire.
- Silence it (may not be needed)
In addition to witnessing these techniques, it is necessary for Pawns to participate in killing 15 Wyrms either with their own Arisen or while travelling with others.
Kills on Frostwyrms will count towards the overall kill count for Wyrms since they are both from the same species, but the Frostwyrm is a much stronger version than the Wyrm or the Special Wyrm.
Trophies / AcchievementsEdit
- The Wyrm is a smaller, weaker cousin of the Frostwyrm , similar in appearance, behavior, and weaknesses.
- The Wyrm's Tear increases the drop rate percentage of rare loot. It also increases the drop rate of Wakestones and Wakestone Shards in the Everfall. When in the player's inventory together with the Drake's Tear and Wyvern's Tear, the drop rate percentages increase further.
- The Wyrm possesses smaller wings than either the Drake or the Wyvern.
- "A strange trick of fate...to meet a fellow countryman. So be it, mayhap there is a new truth to be found in dragon's form... 'Tis the will of the world... Stand against me!" (Introduction)
- "Fall into Disorder." (Possession attack)
- "Gather, raging flame!" (Upon casting High Bolide)
- "The world calls out for a new ringmaster... ...Earth and man and monster all. All are equal parts within the whole."
- "Which shall you be...? Man? Dragon? Or aught else?" (Death)
- "Am I to die?" (Death)
- "The seat of God lies beyond..." (Death)
- "That's it, show me your power!"
- "I am your master" (Possession attack)
- "Come Arisen!"
- The Wyrm shares some common dialogue with the Drake and Wyvern.