Similar to the Drake and Wyvern, the Wyrm is one of the lesser dragonkin that can be encountered during Post-Dragon. It bears many of the Drake's abilities, traits and characteristics, but is related to the Ice element. Its heart is located on its stomach which serves as an exploitable weakness. It has a deadly Ice Breath attack which can inflict Frozen status, and it focuses primarily on casting deadly magicks. It bears a natural weakness to Fire based attacks.
Information and StatsEdit
Base Exp of 24,000
|Health||Attack||Defence||Magick Attack||Magick Defence||Weight|
|Breath||Mag||A stream of ice is let loose from its mouth. Can cause frozen solid status.|
|Dive||Phys||A powerful lunge from the air.|
|Grab (Arisen)||Phys||The Arisen is grabbed and then smashed into the ground|
|Grab (Pawn)||Spec||A Pawn is grabbed, but instead of being smashed into the ground, the Wyrm instead tries to seize control of its actions. Causes "Possession" status.|
|Stomp Attack||Phys||A powerful attack with its feet|
|Sweeping Blow||Phys||A sweeping blow with Front Claws|
|Tail Sweep||Phys||A powerful spinning attack with its tail|
|Roar||Spec/Status||A roar that kills all pawns within range, staggers the arisen and causes Skill Stifling.|
|Charge||Phys||Charges at a target on the ground.|
|High Frigor||Mag||Creates three spires of ice which can throw its targets into the air and freeze them.|
|High Levin||Mag||A series of lightning bolts are created with the ability to stun you.|
|High Bolide||Mag||10 meteors are summoned to indiscrimantely lay waste to the battlefield. (This will be indicated vocally by the Wyrm)|
|Lassitude||Mag||An area of effect sigil is created, inflicting Torpor on those who remain within it.|
|Exequy||Mag||A field of death is cast, killing anyone who's stood within it upon its completion.|
|Anodyne||Mag||The wyrm is still for a moment, then restores 1.75 bars worth of health.|
- The Wyrm is primarily a spellcaster. If it's conjuring is successful, the Wyrm will cast magick relentlessly without pause, sometimes leading to multiple powerful spells hitting the battlefield simultaneously. Counters to magick such as inflicting Silence or using Magic Defense boosters are recommended, otherwise keeping the pressure on it and interrupting its casting efforts will prove effective.
- The Wyrm's heart is located in the stomach area, directly under the middle of the beast, so attacking from the sides is a good strategy.
- The Wyrm has a natural weakness to fire based attacks. Use this element to your advantage.
- Hitting the heart can interrupt the Wyrm casting spells.
- The Wyrm is stationary while casting spells allowing for the party to more easily hit weak spots.
- Chamber of Distress in The Everfall. (Post-Dragon)
- Respawns after 7 Days
- The Watergod's Altar in the main hall, it replaces the Cyclops there. (Post-Dragon)
- Unique variant, speaks in English instead of Latin.
- Respawns after 3 weeks
- Rotunda of Dread. (Pre-Daimon)
|Dropped Item||Regular Drop (%)||Wyrm Horns Destroyed (%)||Wyrm Wing Destroyed (%)|
|Azure Dragon Scale||32%||-||5%|
|Great Dragon Alula||-||-||80%|
- Killing the Wyrm gives a percentage chance of dragon forging equipment depending upon enhancement level of the equipped gear.
- The horns can still be broken off when the wyrm is dead, but there is a short time window to do so.
- After a reload or retry the dragon's horns regenerate. This effectively means that after a save and reload more horns can be broken off allowing for multiple Dragon Horn drops in one fight.
- Having all three dragon tears in your inventory guarantees the drake will drop a Wakestone (Post Game Only), and remarkably improves the chances of receiving the above drops.
- The Wyrm's Tear increases the drop rate percentage of rare loot. It also increases the drop rate of Wakestones and Wakestone Shards in the Everfall . When in your inventory with the Drake's Tear and Wyvern's Tear , the drop rate percentages increase further.
- Although the Wyrm is considered a lesserkin of the dragons, it is an ice -based Drake.
- The Wyrm possesses smaller wings than either the Drake or the Wyvern.
- "A strange trick of fate...to meet a fellow countryman. So be it, Mayhap there is a new truth to be found in dragon's form... 'Tis the will of the world... Stand against me!" (Introduction)
- "Fall into Disorder." (Possession attack)
- "Gather, raging flame!" (Upon casting High Bolide)
- "The world calls out for a new ringmaster... ...Earth and man and monster all. All are equal parts within the whole."
- "Which shall you be...? Man? Dragon? Or aught else?" (Death)
- "Am I to die?" (Death)
- "The seat of God lies beyond..." (Death)